NEW 50g!! Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I'm getting a free 50g tank. Was wondering of you guys have any ideas for it?!

Plant only?
Species tank?
Breeder?
Any thoughts?!

Attachments

• image-3271598393.jpg
    image-3271598393.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 63
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Reef tank :)

It was originally set up as a SW. They would give me their equipment.....

..... But I'm intimidated by SW....

Dont be. Its easy once you get the hang of it. Just gotta go very very slow and letn as much as possible!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dont be. Its easy once you get the hang of it. Just gotta go very very slow and letn as much as possible!

But isn't it expensive? I'm in high school.....

Im in highschool too :) dont you have a part time job?? Ya its not cheap but its worth it. It you do it the right way its alot less expensive because you wont loose live stock if you are careful :)

Yea I have a job.... But it's only $150.00 a week. And isn't the salt expensive?

Haha 150 a week will easily fund it!! :) haha and it depends, i bought a huge 5 gallon bucket full and it lasts forever but it costs like 60 bucks i think

Congrats! That actually looks like either a 56 column, or a 65. Do you happen to know the dimensions?

BTW- Salt tanks are almost always going to be more expensive than FW. If you are on a budget, this is no doubt something to consider. The light that was included looks like a single tube NO fluorescent, and will keep only very low light plants, and will not support any photosynthetic corals. Keep in mind that while you can get quite a good deal on a twin tube T5 HO that will grow a decent variety of low light plants, you will almost certainly spend much more on lighting that will support any photosynthetic corals, because you have a deep tank there.

severum mama said:
Congrats! That actually looks like either a 56 column, or a 65. Do you happen to know the dimensions?

BTW- Salt tanks are almost always going to be more expensive than FW. If you are on a budget, this is no doubt something to consider. The light that was included looks like a single tube NO fluorescent, and will keep only very low light plants, and will not support any photosynthetic corals. Keep in mind that while you can get quite a good deal on a twin tube T5 HO that will grow a decent variety of low light plants, you will almost certainly spend much more on lighting that will support any photosynthetic corals, because you have a deep tank there.

Yea I've decided against the SW. And I don't know the dimensions...... Hmm..... I'm stumped.

Angel fish for sure! I love them. Or maybe brackish? Green spotted puffer tank! So many opttions

What kind of light would be good for a tank that deep? I love plants.

Keao_m said:
Than do it. I love them too. Once I move I will dedicate one of mt tanks just for my angels

You've got me hooked. Since I'm afraid of them getting beat up in the 75g.... I'm devoting the 56/65 (whatever it is) to angels...

TankMan said:
You think? I'm putting the tank in the room you walk in when entering the house. Looking fr elegance.

Than angelfish is nothing but elegance. I have my 55 setup right where u walk in and I have compliments on the regular. Like whoa look how big they are and how beautiful they are.you can't go wrong

Back
Top Bottom