New 55 gallon ideas for (fish & setup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Attack

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I am still pretty new to keeping fish I have had a 20 gallon for a few years but recently i got a 55 gallon long tank off Craigslist for a really good price so I decided to make it my first tank setup/build! When I first got the tank it was plain and very dirty in rough looking I cleaned it out built a 3D rock like background, took all that ugly multi colored gravel out and chunked it I replaced it with pool filter sand I also modified the hood to hold my 4 led blue moonlights, and hooked up the built in 4 air tubes to the gauges and check valves in the back running a 60 gallon bubbler! So it is final down to setup time and my questions is I don't know if I like the layout of the tank decor really :/ wanted yalls opinion on my setup and maybe some advise what I could change to look better and better for my fish! Also what I should stock my tank with for sure there will be one 4 in. Eclipse catfish
And a red tail shark and one weather loach (all these guys have lived happily in the 20 gal so i know they wont be a problem with each other) but what other fish would go well in there? Another question for you sand substrate keepers do y'all have problems keeping the bubblers from surfacing and not staying hidden what's the trick? Pics below

Attachments

• image-2327472324.jpg
    image-2327472324.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 130
  • image-794562928.jpg
    image-794562928.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2897263955.jpg
    image-2897263955.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1800062678.jpg
    image-1800062678.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 124
  • image-4088771614.jpg
    image-4088771614.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117
So no one has any ideas! No likes dislikes? Open to any and all advice thats why I posted this to see what others thought...

I like the background and skull idea you are going for but it is a little symmetrical for my taste. I would get some nice grey basalt and make some caves. Also check out " the rule of thirds" it typically applies more to paintings and photos but works well with aquarium aquascaping.

Im a total noob, but maybe some taller decor so everything doesn't look sucked to the bottom. Love the background though! How did you do it?

for fish you could go with some aggresive fish like african cichlids, or south american, or you could get some community fish like tetras, some cory cats for the clean up crew. very nice tank btw, but if you want to keep africans get some more rock, i love the lighting!

oh i didnt know that you all ready had fish, im not sure any more lol

Back
Top Bottom