New 55g, need stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone,

soon, i'll be setting up a 55g.

anyways i want to go for big and peacefull. what would the biggest fish i could get for a 55g that wouldn't harm another others i might add in the future?

i'm open to any kind.. so guys throw your ideas at me!
cheers

Um... Some kind of pleco, maybe. >.> I was thinking of something and forgot it just as I was gunna post. It wasn't that though, 'cause I never recommend plecos. Blood parrot fish can be peaceful, but they usually aren't.

thanks mate. i'll look them up anyways, see what they are like.

i should of mentioned that i've been a FW fishkeeper for a few years now, and my other tanks include Discus, silver dollars...

:)

Angels are mostly peaceful, some can get a little mean. Just dont keep neons or small guppies with them.

you could go Kribnises they are peacefull most of the time (pm fawnN for babies for like 5 bucks for 5!)

They will not eat guppies until the get large you are correct. If they grow up together they may not eat them at all, unless they get very hungry.

I dunno how the parrots (blood parrots though, not just a normal parrotfish) fair in comparison to angels, but mine is pretty peaceful. He's tiny though, only about an inch and a half long. Which is why I got him now, to get him used to his tank mates before I upgrade to the 55 in a month or so. >.> And because I spent 30 friggin' minutes playing psychiatrist and summing up the temperament of every parrot in the tank at the store, finding the least aggressive one.

Back
Top Bottom