New 55Gal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooking- don't worry about it I take all opinions seriously and respectfully. No harm was done in your comment. I've done research into these fish on the forum and website and I'm quite sure they will be fine in my 55 gal:)

No no no i meant that i didnt understand the forum at all. I meant that as a reply to a post on the first page, before i knew it was this long. Sorry for the confusion

zooking12 said:
No no no i meant that i didnt understand the forum at all. I meant that as a reply to a post on the first page, before i knew it was this long. Sorry for the confusion

Ohhhhh ok.....no worries:)

Sad news....my mom told me today that one of my sunburst platys is dead and one of the guppies has shredded fins....I'm wondering if its the angels because she said they were perfectly fine and if it was a water problem more would be dead so do you guys think it's the angels? I checked a bunch of compatibility charts and they said angels and platys and guppies were fine together. Thanks

KeeperOfFish said:
Sad news....my mom told me today that one of my sunburst platys is dead and one of the guppies has shredded fins....I'm wondering if its the angels because she said they were perfectly fine and if it was a water problem more would be dead so do you guys think it's the angels? I checked a bunch of compatibility charts and they said angels and platys and guppies were fine together. Thanks

Compatibility charts can only tell you so much. Really it depends on the fish itself. If those angels are a breeding pair that's why, angels can kill about anything they want when they are breeding because they're so aggressive and territorial.

it could be the angels,but if they werent a mated pair theyed more likely be killing each other. what are the other tankmates?

They shouldn't be a mated pair I just got them and their the size of a half dollar coin and the tank mates are platys and guppies that's it and otos

Did your mom say what the fish looked liked at death? Could of a been a non contagious disease.

Oscarr19 said:
Did your mom say what the fish looked liked at death? Could of a been a non contagious disease.

No she just said it was one of the orange ones(sunburst platy) and she couldn't get to it idk why she couldn't so it's rotting on the tank floor....not good....but I'll be able to see tomorrow what it looks like and it will be better if it's a noninfectious disease

Back
Top Bottom