New 55Gal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KeeperOfFish said:
Haha no i put my new angels in my already cycled tank im gonna do a fishless cycle in my 55 gal

Ohhhh that makes sense... Well then tell me how that goes! My sister wants angelfish...

Ohhhh that makes sense... Well then tell me how that goes! My sister wants angelfish...
:lol: well they seem to be great in my tank swimming together and being really calm. There with guppies and platys so if u have those they would be ok and their really pretty.

heres some pics with the tank filled up and decorated...

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 109
KeeperOfFish said:
heres some pics with the tank filled up and decorated...

Ahh you even have the volcano she wants! Also your tank and your angels look great!

I wouldn't add anymore fish, your tank needs to cycle. If not you'll be ok for a little til one day you'll look at your tank and all your fish will be dead.

So I tested the water in the tank and its...
Ammo: 0.50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7.6

So what do I do leave it alone? This is my first fishless cycle and i read the articles but still a little confused. Advice would be helpful thanks.

Put in some ammonia until you read 4.0 ppm on your test. Then you leave it alone until tomorrow which is when you'll do another test:)

KeeperOfFish said:
Oh ok but I dont have a bottle of pure ammonia so what do I use?

Either buy one for a few dollars at Walmart or you could use a dead shrimp

Most everyone told me to go to Ace Hardware and get the "janitorial strength" 100% ammonia. Most other ammonias have scent and surfactants and such which will contaminate your tank. At any rate if you have ammonia, shake the bottle, if it suds or bubbles it's got something else in it besides ammonia. Read the articles on fish-less cycles.

The hatchetfish WILL jump out of the aquarium if you don't have a proper lid. It has to be almost completely covered. Otherwise they are very good and fairly easy fish.

Back
Top Bottom