New 75 gal tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, first off is there a way I can delete a thread I accidentally posted in general discussion instead of getting started. Ok I am getting my 75 gal tank on Tuesday. I am going to go
With a black sand for the substrate I was thinking a driftwood log... And real plants the fish in it will be a common pleco, and a rainbow shark. Is there any other fish I would b able to put in there. Would anyone know where to get a semi big driftwood log. What would be the fastest way to cycle my tank... Should I buy a brick of that pre cycled media? I currently have a 36 gal and a 10 gal.. Finally I was thinking of putting this aquatic grass into my 75 gal... I was going to buy alot of it. I just bought some yesterday for my 36 gal tank. But it seems to be wilting a little please tell
Me petco didn't sell me another bog plant:/ here's a picture
Thanks for all the help!!!
Dan

Attachments

• image-2813012535.jpg
    image-2813012535.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 51
Swap out the filter media for the 75 with already cycled. You could go with a few angels, rainbow's, hatchetfish, there are plenty more

You may already know this but you do know the common pleco will get pretty big, has a big bioload, and won't necessarily eat algea all the time?

Looks kind of like mondo grass and that is a terrestrial species. If you want a pleco, an albino bristle nose pleco would look great

Yea I have a common pleco now I'm

Moving him out of my 36 gal and giving him a bigger tank. He has kept my 36 gal spotless of any algae so far. Also just got a new filter for My 36 gal so I don't have any real filter media yet only what's established in the tank. I have a hanging biobag filter from my ten gal should I put that in my cascade 1000 ? I just bought the cascade 100 gal filter for my 75 gal. Would I just put the bag in with the reg filter media. It's very small it's from my 10 gal tank. And since he creates a big bioload should not get anymore fish for that tank?

Yea I have a common pleco now I'm

Moving him out of my 36 gal and giving him a bigger tank. He has kept my 36 gal spotless of any algae so far. Also just got a new filter for My 36 gal so I don't have any real filter media yet only what's established in the tank. I have a hanging biobag filter from my ten gal should I put that in my cascade 1000 ? I just bought the cascade 100 gal filter for my 75 gal. Would I just put the bag in with the reg filter media. It's very small it's from my 10 gal tank. And since he creates a big bioload should not get anymore fish for that tank?

No, not necessarily. You need really good filtration for the water though to keep up with his boiload.

I have an albino in my 10 gal that is bristle nose he will go in my 36 gal and my common will go in my 75 gal. Here's a pix of them :) and a $5 gal isn't big enough for him???? The guy that I bought him from said that the ones he get average out at about 13 inches ? I bought him from Petco.

Attachments

• image-4073481911.jpg
    image-4073481911.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3199760776.jpg
    image-3199760776.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2517470595.jpg
    image-2517470595.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 52
  • image-4271383954.jpg
    image-4271383954.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 50
I have an albino in my 10 gal that is bristle nose he will go in my 36 gal and my common will go in my 75 gal. Here's a pix of them :) and a $5 gal isn't big enough for him???? The guy that I bought him from said that the ones he get average out at about 13 inches ? I bought him from Petco.

Yeah, size does make a difference in the tank but you also have to keep boiload in mind too. Big bioload + small tank + not enough filtration = disaster.

Do you think a cascade 1000 would be ok for this.... This filter is HUGE. Here's a pic of it next to My 36 gal filter

Attachments

• image-2048432563.jpg
    image-2048432563.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 39

The common plecos dont have a mac length. Ive had some that reached 24in and I threw em in a pond. Others have stopped at 18 or so. They grow very big. What do you mean $5 gal?

Ok thanks!! So as far as the cycling now should I just take the media from my ten gal and put it in
My filter for a couple weeks? Or should I buy a big block of filter media from that website thing... I can't find it now. How long would you guys think it would take to cycle this tank?

Ok thanks!! So as far as the cycling now should I just take the media from my ten gal and put it in
My filter for a couple weeks? Or should I buy a big block of filter media from that website thing... I can't find it now. How long would you guys think it would take to cycle this tank?

Anything that has BB on it can help your tank. I don't know about "pre-cycled" product. Stay away from BB in a bottle. Borrow some from a friend you trust. As far as time, who knows! Could be two weeks, could be two months. Just have some patience.

Anything that has BB on it can help your tank. I don't know about "pre-cycled" product. Stay away from BB in a bottle. Borrow some from a friend you trust. As far as time, who knows! Could be two weeks, could be two months. Just have some patience.

Actually the BB in a bottle has worked for quite a few people here. I used to be against it but im gonna give it a test run in 2 weeks

Actually the BB in a bottle has worked for quite a few people here. I used to be against it but im gonna give it a test run in 2 weeks

Oh yeah, I heard it works. It's just you have to dose it periodically. Even the companies who sell it recommend you continue to does it. I rather just take time and grow my colony. Money adds up! Haha!

Oh yeah, I heard it works. It's just you have to dose it periodically. Even the companies who sell it recommend you continue to does it. I rather just take time and grow my colony. Money adds up! Haha!

I never knew you had to dose permanently! Ill have to look into that

Back
Top Bottom