New 75 gallon fish tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a 75 gallon fishtank before for 10 years I had 2 magnum 350's and a undergravel filter for bio.... Never had and problems my water was so clear!!!! Since I got the new tank I changed to the 2 fluvial 450's and was given advice that I would not need a undergravel filter because it has bio media....so I set it up 8 weeks ago and the water is still cloudly I'm frustrated at this point I keep adding cycle bacteria and it just isn't clearing up.. Can someone help me figure this out thank you I'n advance!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: to AA! :)
Fishtankman said:
I had a 75 gallon fishtank before for 10 years I had 2 magnum 350's and a undergravel filter for bio.... Never had and problems my water was so clear!!!! Since I got the new tank I changed to the 2 fluvial 450's and was given advice that I would not need a undergravel filter because it has bio media....so I set it up 8 weeks ago and the water is still cloudly I'm frustrated at this point I keep adding cycle bacteria and it just isn't clearing up.. Can someone help me figure this out thank you I'n advance!!!!!!!!!
Is your tank still in the process of cycling? Adding the bacteria in a bottle won't really help you, it's not going to do anything.

Yeah I think it is still cycling but it's been 8 weeks already.... Am I rushing it? Thank you!!!!!!

get a test kit... could have been cycled ages ago lol.
plus doing 50% pwc per week or more can help speed it up.
have you done Pwc or checked the parameters?
and welcome! i hope you come to love it here on AA :) xxxx

Yes I have done 2 50% water changes yes I have a test kit the nitrite and nitrate are high levels!!! And thankyou I'm glad to be here I love fish tanks!!! It's been a thing of mine ever since I was little

Are there fish in the tank or no? If not, how are you adding an ammonia source (pure ammonia, raw shrimp, etc)?

Back
Top Bottom