new,and have some questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kim01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey all i am new and have a few questions. i have a 12 gallon eclispe set up. i had my water tested today and the lady said it was perfect. still holdong off a bit before i add things.
my question is this i got this aquarium for glofish. how many do i need to get for them to be happy? also can i safely add neon tetras with them,if so how many could i safely do?
i was also thinking of adding 3 glo tetras,and 3 black tetra? the ones with the black on the bottome and the green line in the middle?

what are your thoughts on this?
advice anyone??

Have you cycled the aquarium yet? (ie. is there currently an ammonia source, the ammonia and nitrite are 0 while the Nitrates are rising.) If not you'll want to read up on the various types of cycling (traditional, fishless, silent) and determine which one is best for your situation.

we started the tank out with some neons in it. they have all survived actually.i had the water tested yesterday and the girl said it was ready to add more fish.
i had it done at petsmart,i forgot to ask what they actually test for. i plan to get my own test kit in the very near furture.
thanks for the ideas,i really like this site it seems really inforative.

we started the tank out with some neons in it. they have all survived actually.i had the water tested yesterday and the girl said it was ready to add more fish.
i had it done at petsmart,i forgot to ask what they actually test for. i plan to get my own test kit in the very near furture.
thanks for the ideas,i really like this site it seems really inforative.

Get your own LIQUID test kit (not test strips) and post the results here. Remember, the pet store isn't there to help you, it's there to sell you stuff. Of course she told you it was fine to buy more fish ;)

EDIT: The kit recommended below is excellent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom