New Apistogramma Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all!

My friend and I bought some Apistogramma Agasizzi Tefe Pearl Blue youngins. Currently he has them at his house, but I'm preparing for them to be moved to my house around mid-January.

Here is the tank currently.

image-1898362629.jpg

Current inhabitants are 5 Beckford's Pencilfish and 3 Habrosus Corydoras. They will be moved or sold (anybody want some Pencilfish? :p).

I'm looking for a good plan for a planted Apisto tank. Any help is appreciated!

What size tank are they going in? They like/want caves. How many are you getting?

What size tank are they going in? They like/want caves. How many are you getting?

Hi Rivercats! :D

It's only a 10 gallon so I mean to make it a species tank. I am not sure of how many I am getting. It will be 2 or 3. The seller sold 6 unsexed young ones and we are waiting to see if they pair up.

I would only do a pair in a tank that small. And yep! Definitely add a few caves from either driftwood or rocks and your apistos will love it!
Your plants look great as well. In my apisto tank I have several different species of anubias and a few vals as a background plant. I'm going to leave the front open, but I'm looking for a few more anubias species :)

I would only do a pair in a tank that small. And yep! Definitely add a few caves from either driftwood or rocks and your apistos will love it!
Your plants look great as well. In my apisto tank I have several different species of anubias and a few vals as a background plant. I'm going to leave the front open, but I'm looking for a few more anubias species :)

I agree, problem is that we don't know yet what the sexes of the fish are. Obviously a 2-4 M-F split would be ideal, but lets be honest: not going to happen. If that does end up being the case, I'll most likely move my 2 Apisto Gibbiceps out of my 29 and into the 10.

What kind of Apistos do you have? I have a pair of Gibbiceps in my 29, but they don't seem to care about the caves whatsoever.

Maybe you or Rivercats can help me on this, but my male Gibbiceps shows absolute no interest in the female. He actually chases her away. Normal? Should I attempt to find another female?

Hey sometimes males and females won't accept each other. I had a Bolivian male for awhile alone until I could find a good looking female. I finally did about 3 weeks ago and put her in and guess what.... they don't like each other and now have divided the tank to his and her sides. I'm leaving them together since there is no open fighting but I watch and hope in time they finally mesh. But sometimes it just doesn't work. I would give it time still because didn't you tell me the female if younger/smaller? That could be the reason she isn't acceptible right now. I've give them at least 3 months minimum before thinking about another female.

Back
Top Bottom