New Aquarium - Not done cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
JimmyA

Attachments

• image-1365877032.jpg
    image-1365877032.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 166
Make sure to monitor temp. ( as with any tank) My son and my niece each had one go bad 3 months of getting them. We figured first was a fluke...

My Ammonia is 5 ppm, Nitrites 5 ppm, Nitrates 20 ppm. I did a pwc and I am waiting.

JimmyA

JimmyA said:
Should I do anything?

I'd say keep up with pwc daily. I'm not sure as I've always had substrate from another tank / filter handy. That's the best way IMO. Patience... Ur fish will thank you  and you will have a successful tank...

Bl80 said:
I'd say keep up with pwc daily. I'm not sure as I've always had substrate from another tank / filter handy. That's the best way IMO. Patience... Ur fish will thank you  and you will have a successful tank...

Wait, wait, wait...this is a fishless cycle, right? I'd have to hope there's no fish in there with those levels.

Right, there are no fish in there! Just waiting!

JimmyA

eco23 said:
Wait, wait, wait...this is a fishless cycle, right? I'd have to hope there's no fish in there with those levels.

I thought it was a fishless cycle.... My response was in his fish will be happy it's cycled.... Healthier in the long run if that makes more sense?

Okay, whew, lol. Got worried for a second. Seems like things are going great in that case. If you haven't already seen if...check out the link in my signature. If you just did a pwc to get the levels into readable ranges you're in good shape and close to finishing up :)

The aquarium guy told me to stop adding ammonia as I have all the bacterial cultures???

JimmyA said:
The aquarium guy told me to stop adding ammonia as I have all the bacterial cultures???

Rule #1...never listen to the guy at the fish store, in fact...do the opposite :).

Just follow the guide in my signature and you'll be in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom