New aquarium please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't cycle the tank yet and im worried that my java moss wont survive do i need to put for it any fertilizer or food?

I didn't cycle the tank yet and im worried that my java moss wont survive do i need to put for it any fertilizer or food?

It would be fine in new tank. Just tie it to a rock or wood with cotton thread and put a timer on the light. Have light on for 6 hours a day. You can split the time to 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night if that fits your schedule better.

It should be ok , but I do add liquid ferts. API Leaf Zone and Flourish comprehensive together. But I have to tell you. I have several kinds of Java Ferns in a 5.5g. It has AquaSoil Amazonia Multi. I rarely ever add ferts and the darn Ferns are choking out the tank. Big trim is overdue !!

I am using a mini CFL on that tank also.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im talking about java moss not java fern

Sorry. I read forum on my iPhone, easy to miss stuff.

Java Moss is even harder to kill. It should be fine. Mosses just don't like hot tanks usually. Normal temps and you should be fine. With or without Ferts or cycling or anything but a little bit of light. I grew some under a table lamp LOL.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom