New Aquarium; Strands of Floating Clear/White Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouthy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!! This is my first time setting up a tank and it's a 10 gallon tank. I'm running a 10i whisper filter with just live plants and a Malaysian drift wood and some almond leaves. The end goal was to get some neocardinian shrimps but this tank has been cycling for 16 days now and all of a sudden I start to see these white/clear strands of "things"! What is this?! And what can I do?! I've checked around the forums but found both options of leaving it alone and "HIGH ALERT!"..... help~ :(

Can you take pictures? What are your water parameters? Did you recently add the drift wood? If you did, how did you prepare it before adding it to the tank (if at all)?

Pics

The tank is a tetra glow 16x8x10. The driftwood was prepared in weeks in advance and was in there ever since the start of the tank.
As you can see on the first pic it's a strand off of the almond leaves and on the second pic it's basically covering my moss ball

Attachments

• IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom