New bubble problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Just got a bubbler for my tank and when the bubbles get to the top they don't pop. This morning I came out and my tank looked like a bath tub on top!! Haha anyone know what could be causing this foamy problem??

What are you using for a water conditioner? Are you adding the correct dose? Are you adding anything additional to your tank (stresscoat, meds, etc)? Ive had something similar happen in the past with one brand i used (nova aqua plus)-looked like a bubble bath!

Good questions jlk. I've seen similar reports from folks that use Tetra Safe Start.

Yes, I have used Tetra Aqua Safe as my backup dechlor in the past, when I ran out of Prime. It's been pretty foamy in my experience.

severum mama said:
Yes, I have used Tetra Aqua Safe as my backup dechlor in the past, when I ran out of Prime. It's been pretty foamy in my experience.

I use Tetra Aqua Safe as my water dechlor with no issues of foaming. And Safe Start and Aqua Safe are two different products from Tetra.

I use Tetra Aqua Safe as my water dechlor with no issues of foaming. And Safe Start and Aqua Safe are two different products from Tetra.

I'm aware. ;)

I use a Python so I dosed the Aqua Safe for the whole volume of the tank while filling the tank from the tap. It was pretty foamy, every time.

HN1 mentions "Safe Start" and you responded with "Aqua Safe"... just thought things got lost in translation... LOL

Anyway, probably the difference in our experience in terms of Aqua Safe is your python. I mix mine in a bucket prior to pouring in my tank with no foaming issues.

Back
Top Bottom