New corner tank - any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone

I'm finally moving out of the 1 bed flat, so can get a bigger tank! However will still be a bit limited for space, so I'm currently looking at corner tanks, up to 200 litres, 52 US gallons. Any comments on corner tanks vs long tanks in general? (I'm def going for corner, but interesting to know if there are negatives for corner tanks?)

I've seen the Juwel Trigon 190 bow front, and the Fluval Venezia 190. Does anyone have one of these or got any opinions on them, or know of any better alternatives (available in uk)

Next question would be what could I fit in a 50 US gal?

I currently have a 65L, 17 US gal, with just one Powder Blue Pindani cichlid in there, so he will be moving into the new tank. So I'd like to make it a cichlid tank really.

Any comments, advice welcome, thanks!

Well I have both corner and standard shape tanks the corner is better for the fish but you will want one with flat glass at the front I have had 2 frends that had the big 190 and thay hated it after 2 months because you cant see your fish for the distortions from the glass thats why you see them go cheep on ebay so often

I think he wants to get the new tank before the new fish lol and thay dont make a different to tank choice

Read post again all he said was that he had one cichlid to move to the new tank nothing about his new stock just tanks and yes are different but no thay dont have spisific tank specs

Next question would be what could I fit in a 50 US gal
So I'd like to make it a cichlid tank really.
Deduct that he wanted to make it a cichlid tank with not only one cichlid:)

Yes but you got to have a tank to start with its like a man asking about what car to buy and you telling him to get particular tyer for it its not much help things have to take natural progression or it all gets strange from my experience

Yes but you got to have a tank to start with its like a man asking about what car to buy and you telling him to get particular tyer for it its not much help things have to take natural progression or it all gets strange from my experience
Are we really arguing about this lol?
He asked what to put in it, just to know. You don't need the tank. The best tool is to prepare.

Sorry I did not intend on what I said to be taken as offensive or argumentative I do tend do debate too hard sometimes my apologies

Lol thanks guys. Yeah I suppose my question was a bit stupid, as I already have one cichlid to go in, I really just need to get compatible tank mates. I think he's an African Malawi.

So I just been looking at flat front corner tanks, found one on the market, will keep researching, I got a couple of months to go to plan for it.

Good choice my next tank will be a custom corner tank I just have to save for it I recon it will be 2 years before I get to start that project

Back
Top Bottom