New filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellissacolleen

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking to purchase a new filter for my 90 gallon that I will be setting up in a few months. What are you opinions on the fluval multi stage canister filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Overpriced.

They are nice filters, but won't make your tank any healthier than the lower priced filters.

Personally, I find canisters to be a pita. HOBs are just all around easier for me.

Hob is the ones that hang off the back right? Sorry I'm not very good with short forms. And what HOB filters would you guys suggest for a 90 gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothings wrong with a cannister filter. I use sponges, hob, and 2 cannister filters now. And I don't have a complaint abt any of them. I haven't had any issues cleaning any of them. All have worked well for me. Each way has its own advantages. Depends on what you want out of your filter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, hob means hang on back. It's Ok, I'm bad with acronyms, too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For a 90 gal I'd recommend a cannister rated for 500-600 gph and an aqua clear 110 hob loaded with coarse and fine mechanical media. Cans are a pita to service but they do catch a bleep ton of bleep.. they also have a ton of space for bio media which is all part of a well balanced breakfast... or a healthy tank?? One of the two.. I'm hungry..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. I have a Fluval 305 canister and a Tetratec 700 canister and I rate them both highly. If you have a unit under the tank to hide them away then I find them less obtrusive than any other filter. They are really easy to maintain as well. I think Eheim are the best but WAY overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom