New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah probably. Maybe some other small schooling fish too. After rehousing my rainbows my tank looks empty.

Lol. Turquoise rainbows are a large rainbow. But once you get a pack of kuhli loaches and a school of fish, it'll be lively again ( with hopefully no aggression ).

Lol. Turquoise rainbows are a large rainbow. But once you get a pack of kuhli loaches and a school of fish, it'll be lively again ( with hopefully no aggression ).

Hahaha I know! Thanks so much! I hope my tank will thrive now.

So the boesmani are breeding or is it just one male by himself in the tank?

Honestly I don't know. I had 2 males and 2 females living peacefully for almost a year. I moved the females to a bigger tank to cycle it and one of the males started attacking the other. He left all the other fish alone. I moved mr Bully Boes into the big tank. When I tried to reintroduce the second male( after treating his wounds) the bully immediately went after him. So the victim is back in the old tank.

I guess it's possible that the bully is of breeding size. But he is not showing the characteristic white on his forehead that I read about. And no eggs.

But my guess is that yes. One is more mature and there are only 2 females and he claimed them. But it was brutal.

Honestly I don't know. I had 2 males and 2 females living peacefully for almost a year. I moved the females to a bigger tank to cycle it and one of the males started attacking the other. He left all the other fish alone. I moved mr Bully Boes into the big tank. When I tried to reintroduce the second male( after treating his wounds) the bully immediately went after him. So the victim is back in the old tank.

I guess it's possible that the bully is of breeding size. But he is not showing the characteristic white on his forehead that I read about. And no eggs.

But my guess is that yes. One is more mature and there are only 2 females and he claimed them. But it was brutal.

Yeah, the ratio of m:f should be at least 1:2
So 2 males and 4 females would have been better. And the first male most likely did claim the other 2 females. Which boesmani did you return?

Yeah, the ratio of m:f should be at least 1:2
So 2 males and 4 females would have been better. And the first male most likely did claim the other 2 females. Which boesmani did you return?

I plan on rehoming the boy that was being bullied. Thoughts?

Ps. Sorry for the thread hijack

God I hope not. Unless they are good Clown Loach fodder. Not prepared for babies.

It's pretty easy to take care of babies. You just really need another tank set up with a sponge filter. Or if you really do get eggs, just leave them in the tank and let nature take its course. :)

Back
Top Bottom