Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New fish added

I just added this afternoon 6 Black Phantom Tetras 4 females and 2 males, so when should I try to feed them tomorrow afternoon or should I wait until Wednesday? Will they feed from the surface? Also will they eat my Bolivians Rams food which I am worried about, my rams not getting any. I feed my Bolivian Rams N.L.S. sinking 1mm pellets, since they have had my 55 gallon tank to themselves for over 2 weeks now they take the pellets from the surface, I am afraid this will change now with the new 6 additions to the tank. I have N.L.S optimum all purpose flakes for the Black Phantom Tetras, so what is the best way to feed everybody so they all get their fair share, also how much should I feed 6 Black Phantom Tetras with the N.L.S. flakes any advice greatly appreciated.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How are they doing?

Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

N
Regarding your Rams, try Omega One micro sinking cichlid pellets. My cichlids love the stuff.
Black Phantoms likely won't interfere with the Rams. Just monitor the pace in which the new tankmates eat and adjust the amount of food given accordingly.
When I introduce a new fish, I usually feed them a few flakes within a couple of hours, as long as they are acting normally.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Could try feeding rams at one end and tetras at the other end. Same time. That's what I do with my angels. Got a little guy that trying to grow with two bigger one's. Tricky sometimes! Ha! Ha!

Tags
fish, new fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com