New fish...Eye Prob?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a pearlscaled goldfish today from my lfs. When I got home, I noticed something wasn't quite right with one of his eyes. His right eye is almost completely black... looks kinda like a dialated pupil. It's not protruding or anything, however I was just concerned. Should I take him back to the lfs? Or possibly this is common for this fish (not life threatening)? In the past I have had bettas and angelfish, so thats all I am used to. Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

What are the water parameters?
More than likely the goldfish had the problem at the LFS. If you don't take it back, at least go check out the other goldfish and see if they have the same problem.

what kind of goldfish is it? if it is a calico, or one with varying spots and colors, then you have nothing to worry about, it is just colored because of the spot pattern. if not, then try to find out if the fish is blind in that eye. if it isn't blind then you should be ok. If it is, then you might talk to your LFS

Back
Top Bottom