New fishies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I bought 6 Endler's Livebarers and a powder blue Dwarf Gourami for my mom's 10 gallon tank! They are getting acclimated right now. Unfortunately, my silk plants won't be in until tomorrow. The Endler's seem okay but my Gourami is still pretty shy. I plan to try and get a Nerite snail as well.

I have a quick question though, my mom really liked the Red Tuxedo Guppies and I was wondering if I could add one to the tank. I don't know much about guppies. I just was wondering because my mom really liked them.

Anyway, here's some pics.

image-1519668761.jpg

image-184604150.jpg

image-254603998.jpg

My water still has some tannis from the driftwood I took out. Hopefully, a few more water changes will help.

Oh, and my mom already named the Gourami. His name is Thorin as in Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit. Lol! Because he's a dwarf!

So today I bought 6 Endler's Livebarers and a powder blue Dwarf Gourami for my mom's 10 gallon tank! They are getting acclimated right now. Unfortunately, my silk plants won't be in until tomorrow. The Endler's seem okay but my Gourami is still pretty shy. I plan to try and get a Nerite snail as well.

I have a quick question though, my mom really liked the Red Tuxedo Guppies and I was wondering if I could add one to the tank. I don't know much about guppies. I just was wondering because my mom really liked them.

Anyway, here's some pics.

My water still has some tannis from the driftwood I took out. Hopefully, a few more water changes will help.

What kind of endlers are those? Looks like black bar? Tank looks pretty nice so far btw. I personally don't recommend getting the guppies because guppies will cross breed with endlers. And also, guppies have a tendency to die off quick because of guppy disease and because they are so small, they are also not very strong. Though guppies may seem like easy fish to take care of, they really aren't.

What kind of endlers are those? Looks like black bar? Tank looks pretty nice so far btw. I personally don't recommend getting the guppies because guppies will cross breed with endlers. And also, guppies have a tendency to die off quick because of guppy disease and because they are so small, they are also not very strong. Though guppies may seem like easy fish to take care of, they really aren't.

I think they are Red Flames but I could be wrong. I'll see if I can get a better pic of them once they calm down a bit. All the Endler's are male and I was just wondering if a single male guppy would cause any problems with my current stock. My mom kept asking if we could get platys or mollys and I told her they wouldn't work in the tank. The tuxedo guppy was the only other fish (besides the ones I got) that she really showed an interest in that would actually work in a 10 gallon tank. I almost went home with one.

Thanks for your input, I'll see what others have to say. :)

Here are some more pictures of my Endler's. I think some are black bar and some are red flame.

image-1412805995.jpg

image-491540085.jpg

image-495563664.jpg

image-1008465668.jpg

Yay! My silk plants finally got here!

image-1936895538.jpg

Probably not all of them will end up going in there. I can't wait to see what they look like in the tank!

as long as all of the fish are males you wont have any problems with cross breeding just make sure theyre males because one female can produce a whole lot of offspring

The ones with bigger and longer black spots are black bars and the others should be red flame. Looks great! Except lighting is a bit low....

Thanks, I'm not a fan of the lighting either but my other 10 gallon tank has a much better light. I think I'm going to switch the hoods out.

Just put my plants in. I'll probably change the lighting and add a red tuxedo guppy.

image-2627669037.jpg

image-4165470792.jpg

Tank looks even better now. And is it just me or does the tank look brighter?

Might just be the colorful plants. I'm gonna see if my other hood looks better or not. I'll post pics of the tank with each hood and see what you guys think.

Ok. What type of lights are the hoods?

The one on it now is 2 15W bulbs. One is blue and one is clear though. My other hood has a T8 bulb in it. This is my T8 bulb that's in my Betta tank. Do you think I should switch hoods?

image-3106342720.jpg

The one on it now is 2 15W bulbs. One is blue and one is clear though. My other hood has a T8 bulb in it. This is my T8 bulb that's in my Betta tank. Do you think I should switch hoods?

Can you post a pics of both tanks so I can tell the difference. The 15w bulbs, are they t8 as well?

Can you post a pics of both tanks so I can tell the difference. The 15w bulbs, are they t8 as well?

These are the lights I was talking about.

image-2440009986.jpg

This is what it looks like with the double bulbs. The previous pictures are with the double bulb. This is with the T8.

image-400025291.jpg

Back
Top Bottom