New friends yay!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I love my wife so much. You see I have had my eyes on a couple of blue gourimaries at our lfs for a few days now and have been wanting to add some to my tank but kept finding reasons not to get them but then tonight we were there and she told me that we weren't leaving til we got them lol so now I'm acclimating them as I type this out I think they will be a great addition to my tank.

I will try to see if I can get some I'm on my iPod and my wife is on the computer but as soon as I get it will upload some

GrimmGoby said:
What size aquarium do you have? Do you have nay other fish?

It's a 25 gal and I have 2 tiger barbs(did have 3 but lost one and as soon as the lfs gets some more in I am going to get a couple more) along with a algea eater a eclipse catfish and an panginuse cat (sorry for the spelling can never get it right lol)

Please, please please reconsider those catfish. The first one gets to six inches and the second one can get to TWENTY-FIVE. Neither are appropriate for your tank and will be stunted or suffer. :-/

Rosenweiss said:
Please, please please reconsider those catfish. The first one gets to six inches and the second one can get to TWENTY-FIVE. Neither are appropriate for your tank and will be stunted or suffer. :-/

I already know about the cats we had them before I learned about them my wife got them for me for Christmas and petsmart doesn't know a thing about them. Not to try to be rude but the eclipse will grow to be about 20-24in and the pang can get to 36-40 and there is no possible way anyone can house one they need a river to be at proper home. O and the cats are still small only about 2in maybe my wife liked the littlest ones when she got them and I plan on upgrading tanks as it is just got to find the right ones at the right price.

If no one can house them, then they shouldn't be housed. Especially not in a 25 gallon tank. Not trying to be rude either, but unless you're prepared to house their adult size, or at least do as best you can in, say, a 200+gallon tank, then it doesn't make sense logically or humanely to keep them in a 25. What if you can't upgrade, or can't quickly enough to match their growth?

yea but why take them back to the lfs were they will get put in a 5 gallon till they get sold to someone else who puts them in a 10 gallon or a 20 gallon. I do understand what you are saying there is no way anyone could house the fish but yet they are sold saying they would be fine in a 20 gallon and I have seen them all over the place it makes me sad that no one does anything about it and its almost impossible to stop a chain store like petsmart or petco from selling them across the U.S. I know that I cant house them but I am doing everything I can to give them the best that I can and I would rather see them in a 25 gallon than in a 10 gallon.

I wouldn't comment without having an alternate solution. The best option now would be to offer them on craigslist or on this forum or another forum, to someone who has a confirmed tank of 100+ gallons.

It is admirable that you are trying to do your best, I Know the feeling, as I am housing a common pleco in a 29 gallon (got him before I knew). But I am actively looking for a different, permanent home for her.

I know no one wants to part with a fish, but in this case, it might be the best option...

well on a good note here is some pics of my new gouramis they are kinda hiding but what do you expect they just got a new home and didnt know it. they are swimming around good now though

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg