New Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sorry about the orange tail she may have had dropsy. Which i know two of my wifes betta females died from. It looks just like pregnancy. Im gonna look for your new thread.

GuppieStudent said:
I am sorry about the orange tail she may have had dropsy. Which i know two of my wifes betta females died from. It looks just like pregnancy. Im gonna look for your new thread.

I had a Betta with dropsy... Orange guppy didn't have any pine-coning at all.., full large gravid spot and had squared off. From there over a couple hours she looked like she was exploding inside and her skin turned WHITE and puffy! What causes that?

Not sure but will look into it you have my word.

Its been a couple of hours since i typed the top part but im gonna check with my wife as well. Shes taking the same classes with me but she is a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and is experienced so maybe she will know.

Hey its me again. Ive done a bit of research and my wife has as well and has contacted old wildlife teachers of hers and nobody can think of anything or find anything that fits the description of your orange female that you described. Im sorry we couldnt help. One thing i would recommend though is this: remove the other female into her own container make sure its treated for paradites to ensure its health. Do the same with the fry(although a bigger container) and replace your water, cycle it, and re-aclimate the fish back into the clean water. This is just to ensure(once again) the safety and health of your frvvvb

Back
Top Bottom