New guppies tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfanboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a new tank that finished cycling some time ago and I'm going to get guppies but is there some other interesting fish I could add I was thinking two male and four female guppies so is there anything else I could put.

Nannostomus beckfordi is probably the most popular you need to keep 6 minimum. Check them out there pretty awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I personally think that zebras are too small for a 10g, they like a lot of space to swim and be spazzes

The tank is a 10g and it has no fish but I'll probably. Get some on Sunday and the filter I'm not sure about but it is not A canister

The tank is a 10g and it has no fish but I'll probably. Get some on Sunday and the filter I'm not sure about but it is not A canister

I am guessing it is either an HOB (hang on back) external or internal filter. Bubblers are mostly for show although the are good at moving water. How long did the fishless cycle take? That is one of the most frustrating aspects...lots of patience (unless you seeded from an established system).
If you are getting guppies, then there is a certain male-to-female ratio to get (with most livebearers in general) to reduce harassment by the males. I do not recall exactly what it is but it might be 1 male per 3 females or the other way around. I had guppies 4-5 years ago and they were very colorful and it was cool to see what traits were passed down to the offspring.

Back
Top Bottom