New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll test again tomorrow.

I'd have tested:

- Day 4
- Day 7
- Day 10 (tomorrow)

Day 10 into cycle: still looking at 2ppm of Ammonia

From what I read your filter is seeded right? Took it from an already stablished tank. It shouldnt be much longer.

Hi yes, the filter was from an established tank.

MattJ said:
Hi yes, the filter was from an established tank.

Really? Then u should have no ammonia. When u say filter was from another established tank. Does it mean part of the media used as a seeder or the whole filter.

Apologies but I am not with you...

I am new to keeping fish.

I was going to purchase a new tank and equipment myself but somebody I know was getting rid of one - along with the filter (a Fluval 2 plus) & heater.

I am using that tank, filter and heater now.

MattJ said:
Apologies but I am not with you...

I am new to keeping fish.

I was going to purchase a new tank and equipment myself but somebody I know was getting rid of one - along with the filter (a Fluval 2 plus) & heater.

I am using that tank, filter and heater now.

Did u get the tank When the filter and tank was dried?

Just to add.. they did dismantle equipment etc a couple of days before I picked up the tank .. although these were bagged up and still wet when I picked them up.

MattJ said:
Just to add.. they did dismantle equipment etc a couple of days before I picked up the tank .. although these were bagged up and still wet when I picked them up.

That's weird. Hmm u should be getting mini cycle since the filter media was kept wet. So ya get a secondary test done on Ur water. And keep us posted

Yes, I am doing a fishless cycle. So would you increase to 4ppm today or would you wait and see what the results are in a couple of days?

No, that fine get it up to 4 and keep monitoring. If the setup was brought down a couple of days before not so sure if the bacteria are still there, since they have to eat too. But hopefully some are still there. Keep us posted.

andresdeo said:
No, that fine get it up to 4 and keep monitoring. If the setup was brought down a couple of days before not so sure if the bacteria are still there, since they have to eat too. But hopefully some are still there. Keep us posted.

Beneficial bacteria will stay alive up till a week if kept wet before huge numbers are lost.

Back
Top Bottom