The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha yeah mines being weird to lol it posted the same thing twice and ive went ahead and added enought ammonia to get it to 4ppm so i keep u posted on the results.

If it 0s out tomorrow I'd like you to do s anther ammo dose of 4ppm just to make sure your cycle is complete and it wasn't a fluke. You don't have to just a request. Either way do you knowwhen you plan to get fish and do you know what you need to do with the tank b4 you get fish

Well if tomorrow all results come back good ill redose again to 4ppm and then if cycle does finish im gonna add my first fish by hopefully thursday but im in no hurry i wanna do things right and im really close to being done.

Yeah you are close. Do you understand what need to be done b4 you get fish. It's nothing hard 2 main things are big like as close 2 100% water change and make sure you turn heaters down if you had them cranked up

After 24 hours...
Ph:7.6
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:80-160
Went ahead and added enough ammonia to get it to 4ppm and if i get the same results tomorrow night ill be getting fish by thursday...

Thank you for doing it 1 more time. Remember your water change and heaters the night b4 you ate gonna get your fish. So tomorrow if it all 0s out I'd add 1ppm ammo just to keep BB happy than Wednesday do your WC

Yes things 0'd out and i dosed to 1ppm ammonia to keep bacteria happy checked my levels a little while ago everything was good ive done a 90% WC and got the nitrites down to 40 and i just completed another 90% WC and im waiting a lil bit before i test again to see if i need to do another WC.

Wonderful congrats on finishing the cycle so quick. Good luck with your fish. They'll have a good home in that tank.

Thank u and thanks for your help btw. Im gonna stock the tank with 2 convicts 1 firemouth 1 needle nose fish. All juveniles of course they'll call this 55g there home till i upgrade to the 125g here in a few months. Now i was wondering if u had any ideas on bottom feeders for the tank i really want something exotic that's not really common , has good color , and somewhat hardy.

Not sure on exotic but 3 types of plecos are definitely not common mostly because of price but clown, royal, and galaxy are not your ordinary plecos. Id suggest starting a new thread on that one I'm sure there's lots of people on here that know some cool stuff. And your welcome one day you can pass your experience on to someone once they hit that nitrite peak.

Okay got my first 2 fish in and i really need help sexing my convict cichlid anyone got any ideas if this is a male or female?

image-2366730363.jpg

image-1966855335.jpg

Here are some pics ... Any help will be appreciated.

Thinking i have a male im not sure need help before i get another one i would like to get a breeding pair so it would help if i knew what i already have

Back
Top Bottom