'New' old 55g :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 'newly' scaped 55g with the rocks and wood I got today! I love it! Now just to get some more live plants in there!

Attachments

• image-2435993547.jpg
    image-2435993547.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 92
Aahhhhh.....so much fun rescaping! I just did my 29 this past weekend. It's almost like getting a new tank!

Looking good. Definitely need more plants.

Aahhhhh.....so much fun rescaping! I just did my 29 this past weekend. It's almost like getting a new tank!

Looking good. Definitely need more plants.

All but one are fake, wanting to work my way to all live plants. I left the space behind the big rock on the right because I want to either put a java fern, amazon sword or something that will grow to be decently tall. Got a banana plant at LFS today, we will see how it does!

Live plants really bring the tank to life. There's a feeling of accomplishment when get them to grow in nicely. If you are looking for a taller plant, I would go with the Amazon Sword. Java ferns are nice, but they take a long time to grow. And the food ole banana plant! You might need to weigh it down at first, just until the roots get established. Mine kept floating and moving around in the beginning. Now it has roots to hold it in place, and it's growing pretty quickly.

Lookin good! You an I must be living parallel lives... I just rescaped my 55G. I added a bunch of driftwood, and now im looking into more plants. I notice also, it looks like we've got the exact same filters running... lol.

Lookin good! You an I must be living parallel lives... I just rescaped my 55G. I added a bunch of driftwood, and now im looking into more plants. I notice also, it looks like we've got the exact same filters running... lol.

Both of mine are aqua tech, not fancy at all, just the ones that's come with the tanks I've been given. They are working great so I haven't bought anymore. When I have to buy one it will be better than aqua tech lol.

Live plants really bring the tank to life. There's a feeling of accomplishment when get them to grow in nicely. If you are looking for a taller plant, I would go with the Amazon Sword. Java ferns are nice, but they take a long time to grow. And the food ole banana plant! You might need to weigh it down at first, just until the roots get established. Mine kept floating and moving around in the beginning. Now it has roots to hold it in place, and it's growing pretty quickly.

The one leaf that was on the plant broke off, I read that they can be propagated by sticking the leaf stem in your substrate, so thats what I did hoping it may start another plant! Doing a little research on different plant types and Ill be calling LFS tomorrow so they can order some plants for me. LFS had a plant I liked a lot, the little card in the pot said it was 'lutea'. Anyone have experience with his? I'm going all lowlight plants for now.

I'm really confused, my raphael catfish is MIA after I rescaped my tank. I only took out two decorations, Ive double and triple checked them, he's not on them or in the container the decorations are in. I don't see him anywhere in my tank. I'm absolutely certain I didn't squish him with a rock, I double and triple checked there were no fish around where I wanted to lay the rock. Any ideas?!?

I'm really confused, my raphael catfish is MIA after I rescaped my tank. I only took out two decorations, Ive double and triple checked them, he's not on them or in the container the decorations are in. I don't see him anywhere in my tank. I'm absolutely certain I didn't squish him with a rock, I double and triple checked there were no fish around where I wanted to lay the rock. Any ideas?!?

Nevermind, he must just be a master hider. Just spotted him.

Back
Top Bottom