new on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know this question is been ask many times , but every tank is different so i am going to ask again. First I have a 125g tanks with a wet/dry filter it was sea water before ,but to much maintenance ,so i decide to go fresh water.I just got the co2 tank,regulator,Co2 diffuser etc... an extra 250 gallon pump,plus the already running 450gph pump, 2 96 watts cf 67000 k lights.How much co2 i should inject bubbles per minute etc. thanks.

i have a 55 gal, and my drop checker finally turned green up around 5 bubbles per second. i would say you're going to be even higher than that , with over twice as much volume, but a good place to start.

I would just purchase a drop checker and slowly adjust the bubble count. Every tank is different.

The whole All day vs. off at night is still under contention. The widely held belief is that you should turn it off if you have a pressurized system and keep it on all the time if you have only a diy setup.

My co2 is running about 4 bubble per second, but the drop checker is still blue,but the ph drop from 8.2 to 7.6, so i am planing to increase the count. Do you guys think that I should get a buffer to try to keep the ph around 8 .The reason for that is, because most of my fish are Malawi cichlids .

Are you getting 100% dissolution? Also, what is the reference solution in your drop checker. Is it 4dKH?

Back
Top Bottom