New puffer with swollen and cloudy eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not familiar with binox, but if you are treating fungal or bacterial infections, it may take a couple of days for the symptoms to go away. Did the water parameters change over the weekend? Was the eye healing before you left?

The eye wasn't healing, but it wasn't getting worse. And it still isn't worse, just that the other one has it too now, which was completely clear. And no worse than the other... if that makes sense. Haha.

Water params are still good. I know it will take time for symptoms to go away. Binox says treat, wait 4 days, do 25% water change, and then treat again with required.

Since the other eye is infected, I would say that is "getting worse." Is the fish acting normally and eating?

The fish is acting normal. Last night I had trouble getting him to eat. He kept just swimming past the food. But after 5 mins or so (and a change in food) he started to eat.

And yea, I agree that it is getting worse because of the other eye. I don't even know why I typed that, I don't remember what I meant to type. haha.

No improvement to the eyes. Did a water change and another treatment today (as suggested by the label on binox). He does seem as active as he was before his eyes became cloudy, however still cloudy eyes, and seems blind. He runs into a lot of things. I know he can see, cause when I walk towards the tank he will swim to the back, but definetly runs into everything. Hopefully the second treatment helps.

Thanks for checking up menagerie. :)

Brent

PS- Since you have never personally used binox, what would you recommend? A lot of places recommend binox, supposedly it's pretty good. Especially for brackish. But do you have something that you use a lot for the type of symptoms my puffer is showing? Thanks again.

I have not had to deal with that sort of problem, so I don't have any recommendations.
I'm glad to hear the puffer is doing well, even tho he's clumsy right now :wink:

Well, unfortunatly after acting better for a couple days, I woke up one morning and he wasn't moving. He was barely alive at the top of the tank. Came home later that afternoon and he was dead.

I went out today and purchased a new green spotted puffer. He has some strange behavior but I think maybe he's just a little slow. :D Check it out and post any response if you have one menagerie. You have been so much help so far. Thanks! http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=163802

- flipz / brent

Back
Top Bottom