New residents!! What else???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishkeeper26 said:
Otos are tropical, and sensitive to water quality IME. The amount of waste a goldfish creates would be too much for them to handle

I heard they can be dangerous for goldfish as well. Bc goldfish will eat them and it may result in the death of the goldfish as well

Sssea said:
I have no experience, it's what someone on here recommended with my goldies.

That's ok :) everyone does things a little differently :)

jen31972 said:
Any reason you don't have shrimp in there? Is it too cold in there for shrimp?

Ohhh shrimp are awesome :) but yeah I think even my baby goldies would
Eat them:) I just got some ghost shrimp
For my betta tank. My first time ever owning shrimp and I love them :)

Mr.Albiman said:
I would get a school of about 6 White Cloud Mountain Minnows if your Goldie's are indeed babies. If they are big enough to fit them in their mouths though, they will, unless they have grown up together. They will either leave them alone then, or they will be too fast to be eaten!

Also think about a bristlenose plecostomus. They're nice and small but will need some driftwood because it helps their digestion. :)

I hope I helped!

I've thought about the white clouds... The longfins are really pretty. I even thought about longfin danios but turned them down bc I heard they were nippy... I dunno I'm trying to picture these huge round fish swimming around with this small slender ones.. Idk if I would like the mix. I'm going to loom it up on YouTube again! Lol

Flossie said:
I've thought about the white clouds... The longfins are really pretty. I even thought about longfin danios but turned them down bc I heard they were nippy... I dunno I'm trying to picture these huge round fish swimming around with this small slender ones.. Idk if I would like the mix. I'm going to loom it up on YouTube again! Lol

Yah when I had danios they were nippy. And they weren't that fun too watch IMO because they were so hyper. They never just chilled they were always chasing and harassing each other

tarpon said:
Yah when I had danios they were nippy. And they weren't that fun too watch IMO because they were so hyper. They never just chilled they were always chasing and harassing each other

Lol maybe they are ADHD :) I'm not judging :) hahaha

Yeah I just like to feel relaxed when watching my tank and they weren't very relaxing. Goldfish are very relaxing to watch

tarpon said:
Yeah I just like to feel relaxed when watching my tank and they weren't very relaxing. Goldfish are very relaxing to watch

Omg I'm falling in love with my goldies!! They will eat right of my hand already!!! Stinking adorable!!!

I've thought about some dojo loaches
Or something but not really my style...

I've always been kinda interested in those....but never had a big enough tank. They need like 50 gallons right?

tarpon said:
I've always been kinda interested in those....but never had a big enough tank. They need like 50 gallons right?

Goldies or dojos? The loaches I'm not sure... I think so

Haha I figured out I could have one in the tank I have and was considering getting one....until the guy that has some said they tip over his statues and uproot even his heaviest plants. And one jumped out of his tank

tarpon said:
Haha I figured out I could have one in the tank I have and was considering getting one....until the guy that has some said they tip over his statues and uproot even his heaviest plants. And one jumped out of his tank

U should get one :)

I think cory cats do well with goldies, you'll have to double check me on that. I have a couple cories and they just float around the bottom minding their own, they arent magnificently colored (I have a regular and an albino) but I think they are very interesting looking.

sillygirl423 said:
I think cory cats do well with goldies, you'll have to double check me on that. I have a couple cories and they just float around the bottom minding their own, they arent magnificently colored (I have a regular and an albino) but I think they are very interesting looking.

It really depends on the temperature of the tank. If you would go a little warm for goldies at 72 or 74 degrees the cories would love that:). And yeah I would do cories because one they're cute and fun and two they do a good job at cleaning up:)

Did I ever tell you about our golden dojo? We loved him. He was a very fun fish to watch - one of our favorites! He was very active. Ours never "dug" in the gravel or pulled up plants (at the time we had live ones too!). We still miss the little guy.

Albino bristle nose plecos are pretty cool. Maybe a school of white cloud mountain minnows?

Back
Top Bottom