New residents!! What else???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got these 2 snails for my 55g goldfish tank. I have three Baby fancy tail
GF. I was thinking of adding 1 more Goldie anyone have any
Ideas of what else I may could add? I have 2 HOB filters. a tetras 30-60 and a aqua tech 30-60

Attachments

• image-297735613.jpg
    image-297735613.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
if you add another goldy your pretty close to stocked,id wait till the goldys you have grow up all tthe way,then decide if you want something else

alLexX said:
if you add another goldy your pretty close to stocked,id wait till the goldys you have grow up all tthe way,then decide if you want something else

Yeah that's what I was thinking :( I didn't know if anyone had any other ideas or not...

You could possible do a small school of white cloud mountain minnows. However that's only If your able to keep your water conditions in a high quality.

Sssea said:
Otos? They're pretty cute lil buggers.

Otos are tropical, and sensitive to water quality IME. The amount of waste a goldfish creates would be too much for them to handle

Fishkeeper26 said:
Otos are tropical, and sensitive to water quality IME. The amount of waste a goldfish creates would be too much for them to handle

I have no experience, it's what someone on here recommended with my goldies.

once they get established,ottos are pretty tough,but you are right in that they are tropical

alLexX said:
once they get established,ottos are pretty tough,but you are right in that they are tropical

Yes, but with goldfish producing so much waste i don't think they'd last very long

I would get a school of about 6 White Cloud Mountain Minnows if your Goldie's are indeed babies. If they are big enough to fit them in their mouths though, they will, unless they have grown up together. They will either leave them alone then, or they will be too fast to be eaten!

Also think about a bristlenose plecostomus. They're nice and small but will need some driftwood because it helps their digestion. :)

I hope I helped!

Yes, but with goldfish producing so much waste i don't think they'd last very long
as long as you have good filtration and stock properly,you should be fine waste wise. but this is kinda a waste of time,seeing as ottos are tropical and goldys are coldwater

Any reason you don't have shrimp in there? Is it too cold in there for shrimp?

Mr.Albiman said:
Also think about a bristlenose plecostomus. They're nice and small but will need some driftwood because it helps their digestion. :)

I hope I helped!

I agree with this guy!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom