New SMALL tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jameswc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to own a one gallon bowl with live plants and a fish or two...suggestions please?

My only suggestion for a 1 gal bowl (that has a heater and filter) would be a Betta. Maybe some snails too.

if you are wanting more than 1 fish, id suggest a nano tank with a heater and filter, they arent much bigger than a bowl and will keep your fish(es) happy and living longer. They even make a mini tank that has a slotted piece that splits it in the middle, the tank shares the same water system but it separates the fish from eachother (helpful for bettas)

Check it out here

Recent article in a magazine (FAMA?) was talking about least killifish... they stay really, really small and the author was suggesting they could do well in a very small tank. Don't know from experience though, you'd have to really research 'em. :)

What about ghost shrimp? (Maybe 3?) Any suggestions for plants?

yeah you could toss a couple of the little buggers in there, as long as you have sufficient algae for them to eat, use algae discs, break it into quarters and give them a quarter each, make sure you remove any uneaten food or it will start to cloud your tank.

6gallon...

Just plan on some low light live plants.

As for fish, you could go with a betta, guppies, dwarf platies, all sorts of snails...

There are a few other types of fish you could keep, some being harder to keep than others.

I had a dwarf pufferfish in my 5gal, it was an awsome fish.

Thank you everyone. I will start a new topic in a day or two with a list of fish and stuff and ask for more recommendations then. *Close please*

Back
Top Bottom