New species added (go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygirl09169

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i bought a new tankmate for my little guys (3 male guppies,a cory catfish, a female betta, and a small pleco. A beautiful dwarf gourami! While observing him i noticed he was previously beaten up and is missing an eye and half a feeler on the same side. He is shy but still is venturing out and exploring and seems generally healthy. But if anyone could answer a question about him it would be appreciated! He does tilt to one side sometime and its not on the gravel or anything but its not like hes swimming erratically or looking ill. Do some fish naturally do that sometimes? Is it stress related possibly? or should i fear the worst (hes dying) he ate at dinnertime just fine and i think he was bullied at the petstore because for being in a new tank his appetite was quite good. If you can give me insight that would be nice this is a new breed for me even though they are similar to bettas. It would be appreciated. Also none of my other fish seem to be harboring ill effects from the water, the guppies are active, the cory is moving around, the betta is sitting around waiting for food, and the small pleco in stuck to the filter again as usual.

i think he is probably dying. is he out and swimming around or just kinda hanging out in the same place with a little swimming around?

Back
Top Bottom