New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really looks like it goes down through the tube of the intake to the bottom, and then up through all the outside media, and then back down through the inside media where it gets the to motor on the bottom that pushes it out through that other tube

Oh right. The motor is in the bottom. I'm so used to the motor being in the top. :ROFLMAO:

Oh right. The motor is in the bottom. I'm so used to the motor being in the top. :ROFLMAO:
is it the same as the fx6. Cause I set up the fx6 a mionth ago and I think I out everything in thinking it was bottom to top. Oh well haha

Wow man that looks great..did yo use the black sandblasting sand?
thanks! nope I just decided to get it from petco. Still deciding on what kind of background and decorations to put in it

Update

I ended up just getting the black sand from petco. I got 5 20lb bags of sand and then 1 20lb of gravel, it was barely enough.

I got it up and running yesterday with a fluval fx5 that came with the tank, xp3 and eheim 2217. I got the xp3 and 2217 last week so decided to take water from my other 120 gallon tank and put it in an empty 55 gallon, dose it with ammonia and hook up the two filters just to try and give them head start. And then when I got the 125g tank yesterday I put that water which had about .25 ppm ammonia by then into it along with the tap water. I put in the seachem bacteria booster stuff and the seachem prime to detoxify the chlorine and rest of the ammonia. This morning I tested the ammonia and it was between 0-.25ppm. Although the tank isn't cycled I had to put a large jack Dempsey into it this evening because his tank has to be drained. He seems like he is doing fine and I put in some more of the seachem prime. The fx5 was running on the tank before I got it for years so shouldn't that already have a lot of good bacteria in it. Plus I put the filter that was on the dempseys old tank (cascade 700) that was established onto the new tank as well.

What do you guys think of this? I had to do it, I think he will be all right though

I just set up a 30 gallon. A few live plants. Cory cat. 3 ghost shrimp, comet goldfish,tetras,Molly,snail. i think it is still cycling. its still a bit cloudy. i wanna go dwarf grass and java moss

Yikes! Hope your fish survive that cycle.

Thanks! I think he'll be fine, half the water is from other tanks and two established filters are on it as well

Those established filers will definitely help a ton. You'll be just fine. I think I missed that bit of info somewhere along the line lol.

Back
Top Bottom