New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have a 2.5 gal just sitting around collecting dust and i wanted to give it to my little sister. I have already told her she can't get much fish or big fish. I mentioned shrimp to her but she has her mind set on guppies. I want to know what all i need. Does it really need a heater. It's by a window but does it need a light. Live or fake plants and how many guppies.

Fish only tanks doesn't need a light. Heater is for tropical fishs. Heater help keeping water temperature stable.

Betta are easiest fishs for 2.5g IMO.

I won't add shrimps to this 2.5g setup, as it probably dosen'T have filter on it, and shrimps doesn't resist any mini/cycling process. So after 1 week shrimps should die.

Shrimps are sentitive to minuscule parameters flukes.

It has a filter just no heater or light i have alot of experience with my 30 65 and 10 gal i just wanted to know what I would need to have guppies in this tank and how many could i get

I think it's too small for guppies... Just take a look on AqAdvisor.com, and get a final advice here !

If it's filtered then you can add up to 3-5 cherry shrimps for example, maybe more.

Maybe a betta ? They're colorfull and girls love them ! They're hardy fish too. Good beginner fish for your sister !

Back
Top Bottom