New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have had a tank cycling for a month and its time for some fish, it's a 10 gallon and in planning in getting guppys for the top, neons for the middle, Cory's and Algae eaters for bottom, maybe hatchets at the top, any suggestions

Sounds like a good start. Do you already have substrate? You may want to consider sand for your cory's.

Head over to AqAdvisor.com and type in your tank dimension, filter, and proposed stock. This will help you, only as a guide, make stocking decisions.

I wouldn't get Cory's for the bottom unless they were pygmys. What type of algae eaters? The tank will be overstocked with 2 schools of fish Cory's algae eaters and guppys is to much.

So I have had a tank cycling for a month and its time for some fish, it's a 10 gallon and in planning in getting guppys for the top, neons for the middle, Cory's and Algae eaters for bottom, maybe hatchets at the top, any suggestions

I would do guppys (maybe 5) only OR neons (no more then 8) I wouldn't do bottom feeders unless its snails or shrimp. Forts need groups and then that's too much fish for a 10g tank.

When you say cycling do you mean you specifically fishless cycled it, or do you mean you just had it running?

Back
Top Bottom