new tank 3 Weeks old gone through one cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any advice? I have 29 gallon tank with 17 fish. How o
Often should I do pwc? Fwc

Sry on my phone hit the wrong button. I want live plants but don't know what to get

What fish do you have? How are you cycling the tank, with fish? I doubt the tank is fully cycled in 3 weeks unless you used a lot of media from an established tank. Do you have a test kit? What are the parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? If you're cycling with fish you want to test the water daily and do water changes any time nitrite or ammonia are over .25. There's a link below in my signature called: new tank with fish. It'll guide you through.

As for plants it'll depend on what lighting you have on the tank.

25% every week 50% monthly just keep checking the ammonia and nitrates.

What do you mean by "gone through one cycle"?? Before I knew about fishless cycling, I setup a 29gal with just 4 fish, and was doing pwc's every day for two months. With you having 17 fish, I would recommend taking some (as in most or all) back to the lfs, or you're in for multiple large pwc's every day.

Guess I misunderstood what a cycle was. I've been doin 25% pwc every other day. No problems yet. My nitrite was at .25 ppm did a water change. All levels are good

Back
Top Bottom