New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh_3901

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 65 gallon tank I have set up a couple of weeks ago I now have:

4x angelfish (sex is not known)
2x discus (sex is not known)
10x bloodfin tetras
9x red eye tetras
1x black ghost knife

All fish seem to be happy no aggression as I can tell although I bought two big angels and two small ones and one of the small ones tend to chase one of the big ones but does not attack it and the tetras keep to them selfs in schools/shoals and my ghost knife who I love just chills in his driftwood u tip I feed him his bloodworms I was just wondering if this list is too big for my aquarium my filtration is a marineland penguin 400 I'm going today to get another penguin 400 so I'll have two Any advice would be appreciated!!

I don't know the size of your angels and discus but they will get big and overload the tank when mature. Plus, discus need warmer water than angels and the tetras. If they are thriving, great, but at some point you will have to remove the angels or discus.

Your GKF will eventually outgrow your tank. You can house him for now though!

I don't know the size of your angels and discus but they will get big and overload the tank when mature. Plus, discus need warmer water than angels and the tetras. If they are thriving, great, but at some point you will have to remove the angels or discus.
+1 discus can be a difficult fish to keep. If you want to keep them, more power to you, but rehomed the knife fish and angels elsewhere. Research what is needed to keep discus and give them the pristine conditions they require.

Is your tank cycled, btw? How's it going? What are your parameters? If it's not cycled, you may (most likely) lose those discus.

Back
Top Bottom