Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New Tank

I am some what new to the fish world and have been very fortunate with the two tanks I currently have up and running. I have a 10gal which currently houses 12 goldfish and 2 nerite snails. (Yes I do know that a larger tank is needed, my hopes of the pond being finished got put on hold. The other tank is a tropical community tank that is a 40gal., it currently houses 7 mystery snails (3 adult, 4 baby), 2 angel fish, 2 zebra neon tetras, 3 glofish tetras, 4 septra tetras, 3 mollys, 2 African drawf frogs, and lastly a baby Pleco. So far I have not seen any aggression, they have all checked each other out and then moved on. But honestly I feel like this may be overstocked and don't know what changes if any I should make. I am open to all and any suggestions. I have large gravel and several fake plants and two hides in the tank as well.
Thanks

Old 12-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome - do you have a tank photo?

Thoughts would be to check what sort of pleco as some can outgrow that tank / benefit from driftwood in tank.

Gravel should not be too large that food falls down cracks.

I canít comment on the frogs. Personally Iíd see which schooling fish do well, then increase fish numbers for that school and decrease school count. Especially for the serpae tetras which might need three times that number to keep any nipping from them contained and dispersed within the school if that makes sense.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Angelfish I would see how they go - thinking centrepiece fish (two if they can get along, else one).
Old 12-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have attempted to upload 3 photos just now, not sure where they posted to. I still very new to this site.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

as you already know 12 gold fish will not last long in 10g tank as they grow at a rapid rate a FYI for you theirs a buck a gallon sale coming up soon ,

you could pick up a tank more suitable for the gold fish till your pond is ready than you could always move your other fish over to that tank.

if you check your inbox I sent you uploading directions hopefully they'll help you out
and let me welcome you to AA

Tags
new tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com