New Tank all cloudy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But if you really want to put more, try going to your LFS and ask them if they can sell you some gravels from their established tanks. This will help you fast cycle your tank.

i have java moss which i will soon be attaching to drift wood which is arriving soon. Im also getting Java Fern so yes i have plants on the way. What to do now?

well those plants normally don't require being in the gravel so you are good with them if they are going in the DW. If you do want the jave ferns in the gravel, just plant the roots, not the rhizomes coz that is how they populate. You can add maybe 2 more lbs from your LFS' established tanks if you can find some.

im not sure about lighting i just use my desk lamp if that works. which is 60 watts

well its suppose to 60 watts but its a florescent so it only uses 14w if that makes a difference.

do you know if that is a CFL (compact flourescent)? Is it a bulb or a strip light?

I am asking because plants will not thrive if you have an incandescent lighting, it will not do good to your plant at all. they will just melt and die rotting. Also, you need to have the kelvin of the light at least 6500-10000K.

If it is a bulb, try going to walmart and get the daylight CFL 6500K bulb. That will be enough for your low light plants.

If it is a strip, I might want some of the friends here to help you with it coz I don't have experience with it..

Yes i have a light bulb. I'm not sure if this is a incandescent Light bulb but i will be searching for the answer. This is a 5000k light bulb

well, you can try that bulb out when your moss and ferns will come in. those plants can grow in most lighting. but if you will try to add another kind of plants, you might want to upgrade to at least a 6500K.

should i be posting new threads for new problems lol? or is it okay to keep going?

should i be posting new threads for new problems lol? or is it okay to keep going?

:-D

It is up to you. You can start a build thread/journey and you can post all problems on that thread...or you can just keep on going.

If it will be me, I'll start a new one, :)

Back
Top Bottom