New Tank/Filter questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macarelli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK here is my situation.
It may sound silly or nothing to be concerned about.
I just want to make sure.

I am stationed in the UK, my wife just bought me an aquarium.
I got a Juwel Rekord 120 http://www.theaquariumshop.co.uk/ishop/1029/shopscr46.html
Looks like this with a different stand.
It is 120 liters or roughly 32 gallons.

Anyway over here the filters they use have rinky-dink sponges and the whole filtration system really sucks.
I am been looking at a Penguin Bio-wheel 170.
How good is it?
I notice that it hangs over the aquarium. Will I still be able to use my cover? If not then is there a different type of cover could use?
Any advice would be appreciated.

I think that Bio-wheel filter is great! The only bad thing is that it will make a noise if you dont have your tank filled to the out put.

Is there any knock out holes in the hood? If there are you could open some more room there.

Can you take a picture of the filter you have now?

That is a fine filter for your tank, assuming you will not be overstocking the tank. You also might want to check out the AquaClear line of filters as well for comparison. They are boxier and take up more room behind the tank, but you have more flexibility with media.

Your cover hopefully has an open area in the back that will permit the filter to be hung. If you hvae glass tops they often come with a plastic strip that can be cut to fit for an HOB or for hoses and cords.

BTW, Welcome to Aquarium Advice!! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom