new tank going nuts..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more question sorry, but if nitrites is toxic why have my fish been looking great my oscar has tremendous color and my red tail shark tail is bloodshot red its great and both very active for the past 3 weeks??

Okay both of u said a different answer lol so I guess ill have to do a 50% water change in the mourning thanks

Sorry if it seems confusing. I would do a minimum of a 50% water change. However I would do bigger since your nitrites are at 2.

One more question sorry, but if nitrites is toxic why have my fish been looking great my oscar has tremendous color and my red tail shark tail is bloodshot red its great and both very active for the past 3 weeks??

If I understand the thread correctly you've been doing daily water changes & adding prime which is keeping the water fairly detoxed which means your fish aren't feeling the effects of the toxins. In the end the choice is yours.

K ill do a 5O% tomorrow how long after that should I test the water again?

Ok prime will detoxify for 24 to 48hrs yes but just adding prime all the time is just adding chem to the water. do 50% water changes and every once in a while i guess it would be ok to dose prime but not to much. do you know someone who could give you some BB from an established tank.

Ok prime will detoxify for 24 to 48hrs yes but just adding prime all the time is just adding chem to the water. do 50% water changes and every once in a while i guess it would be ok to dose prime but not to much. do you know someone who could give you some BB from an established tank.

Wait... Are you saying not to add Prime at every water change? If so I respectfully disagree.

Wait... Are you saying not to add Prime at every water change? If so I respectfully disagree.

What I believe the person is saying is to do a water change instead of just adding prime to the tank to detoxify the water, ALWAYS add Prime to new water.

K ill do a 5O% tomorrow how long after that should I test the water again?

Test every 24hrs. However if your water test show your levels to be extremely high then you may want to retest an hour or so after a water change, it is possible to have to do multiple water changes in one day. For example if ammonia or nitrites are at 2 then one large water change should be OK but if they are at 5, you do the water change, retest & your results show they are at 2 I'd do a 2nd water change. Hope this makes sense.

Hey convict I just did a like 55% water change im gonna retest around 1:15 eastern time and let u know the results..

Alright the results are ph is 7.2 7.3 my ammonia is in between 0-.25 my nitrite is .25 huge drop from over 2.0 this mourning and my nitrate is in between 10 and 20 ppm what should I do now?

Just did a 65% gonna wait two more hours and repost test results

Back
Top Bottom