New Tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pnuts100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone
Im new to this forum and need some advice.I allready own a 55 gallon FW aquarium with a very large Oscar,have had it about 5 years and before that a 29gl for years,so i know alittle about FW tanks.I bought a new 125gl tank this weekend,it has no pumps or filters with it and i really need to know what size to get for this tank?Eny advice would be great.

Thanks
Sherri

I would suggest a nice canister filter like a Fluval 404 or an Ocean Clear.
If you get the Ocean Clear you have to buy a seperate water pump that can pump 1200gpm. and do the plumbing yourself.
If your not into all that the Fluval will work great.

[center:389f77d9ad] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, pnuts100! :n00b: [/center:389f77d9ad]
You will need 8-10x gph, so a turn over rate of 1000-1125. Look into canister filters and HOB. Post the ones that you think will be most useful and we can give feedback!

OK
Now my head is spinning from all this filter stuff :? .It was so much easer when it came with everything :lol: .
So how about eny of these?????
Thanks for all the help.

1.Marineland H.O.T. Magnum Pro System
2.Tetra-Tec PF 500 Filter
3.Eheim Filter 2213 - Plus Kit
4.Marineland Magnum 350 Micron Filter
5.Via Aqua Canister Filter 750
6.Penn Plax Cascade 1000 Canister Filter

OK
Now my head is spinning from all this filter stuff :? .It was so much easer when it came with everything :lol: .
So how about eny of these?????
Thanks for all the help.

1.Marineland H.O.T. Magnum Pro System
2.Tetra-Tec PF 500 Filter
3.Eheim Filter 2213 - Plus Kit
4.Marineland Magnum 350 Micron Filter
5.Via Aqua Canister Filter 750
6.Penn Plax Cascade 1000 Canister Filter

Back
Top Bottom