New tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anj1221

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a 55 gallon tank and have been doing research on fish. I have only ever had goldfish and beta but now want some different kinds in the 55 gallon. I have an idea of what I want but want to make sure all will be compatible and happy together. Any advice will be appreciated!

Here is what Im thinking-
8 albino cory catfish
2 dwarf gourami
4 Dalmatian mollies
1 angelfish

Hi - sounds nice. Are you looking at sand or gravel for the tank substrate for the cories springs to mind.

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a 55 gallon tank and have been doing research on fish. I have only ever had goldfish and beta but now want some different kinds in the 55 gallon. I have an idea of what I want but want to make sure all will be compatible and happy together. Any advice will be appreciated!

Here is what Im thinking-
8 albino cory catfish
2 dwarf gourami
4 Dalmatian mollies
1 angelfish

Mollies do best in brackish water. I'd suggest swapping out for platys. Get all males or they'll breed out of control and overrun your tank.

Dwarf gouramis and angelfish may or may not mix ok. Since they occupy the same territories, they may bicker with each other. I would suggest the following:

2 angelfish (male/female)
2 kribensis or bolivian ram or keyhole cichlid (male/female)
8 corys
8 platys

Back
Top Bottom