new tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdrianP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I have a 25 gallon tank thats already cycling but I want to start thinking in advance about what type of fish I want. I would love some suggestions. This tank was previously filled with cichlids but they got too big for my tank so I gave them away and now they are extremely happy in a friends 50 gallon tank.

I want a tank filled with diversity, color and alot of movement. I would love something rare or excotic, maybe something wierd looking but the fish need to have personality.

You could do a pair of dwarf as cichlids such as rams, couple schools of tetras, some cory cats, and live bearers or gourami's are good for the top of the tank.

Yea I love the blue rams and was considering getting a pair. Dont really want any tetras in my tank, just not a big fan of them. Im kind of iffy on the livebearers but I do like the idea of cory cats and gouramis

Thanks

How about a pair of Apistogamas? You could add some type of pigmy gourami, they are small so adding a few should not cause too much aggression. Round that out with some celestrial danios and you got color and motion big time.

You could also go with shrimp or CPOs for color-No cichlids in that mix.

How about a pair of Apistogamas? You could add some type of pigmy gourami, they are small so adding a few should not cause too much aggression. Round that out with some celestrial danios and you got color and motion big time.

You could also go with shrimp or CPOs for color-No cichlids in that mix.

In a 25 gallon tank would I be able to have both the apistogamas and a pair of GBR? Are they compatible? Or is it just a dream? Also I probably will go with some of the pigmy gouramis and I do like danios. I was thinking of getting some type of loach, havent really looked into them too much but but suggestions are welcomed. Also I wanted to see if i could get some small angelfish.

I also want to completely redecorate my tank so let me know guys should I gow with gravel or sand? I aslo need some plants that wont get torn up by the fish and some natural looking hiding spots.

Ok so sand it is. And ideas on plants or natural caves sbd hidind spots?
Malaysian driftwood is great. A lot of people also go with Mopani driftwood also. Driftwood is real nice and natural looking and good for the fish to call home too. As for plants (live) I know nothing about. Depends on your lighting and if you have co2 and fertilizers. Some plants don't require any and some do, hopefully someone will let you know that has live plant experience. I just use plastic and silk lol.

I guess artificial plants aren't too bad

I have to use plastic/silk plants as my Pleco aquascapes every night :) so everything gets moved around including the sand ! also pool filter sand is fantastic .. It's easy and falls back without any mess (thank god!)

Threadfin rainbow fish are a good replacement for tetras and IMO look more exotic and vibrant.

image-2608571712.jpg

image-525302840.jpg

I have to use plastic/silk plants as my Pleco aquascapes every night :) so everything gets moved around including the sand ! also pool filter sand is fantastic .. It's easy and falls back without any mess (thank god!)

What type of pleco do you have?

Ok so this is what im thinking so far for stocking
2 German Blue Rams
2 apistos
3 pigmy gouramis
6 threadfin rainbowfish

Back
Top Bottom