New tank, need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barkerno1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I have had my tank for about 6 weeks now and only just stumbled onto this forum....
After having a ton of bad advice from my various petblah stores I've finally been able to keep my stock level to where I want it without anything dying in the last few weeks.

Recently I've been having this brown funky stuff growing around the gravel at the bottom of my tank and also on one side of the glass along with on my plastic plants.
Hopefully the photo I have included will help you guys tell me what it is and how to get rid of it, because I have no idea.
My tank is a 36g aquarion bow-front with a 17w t8 light 8000k light level
I have a liquid testing kit and my levels are all within normal perimeters, don't quite know what else to tell you guys so if you need more info on my tank details, please ask.

Attachments

• image-2831136729.jpg
    image-2831136729.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 90
Looks like diatoms. That's normal with new tanks. You can rub it off with your fingers.

roydooms said:
Looks like diatoms. That's normal with new tanks. You can rub it off with your fingers.

+1 I had the same thing give your gravel a good vacuuming to stir it up and hide it and you can use an alge scrubber to take it off the glass worked fine for me

Back
Top Bottom