New tank need more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve lost lots of new small fish to angelfish. Full grown grown neons can go ok if the angelfish grows up with them but I always lost a couple (and then replacements in my tank were eaten).

Out of interest I’ll post on the cichlid forum here if any African cichlids will work. Kribs I have wondered on.

I’ve lost lots of new small fish to angelfish. Full grown grown neons can go ok if the angelfish grows up with them but I always lost a couple (and then replacements in my tank were eaten).

Out of interest I’ll post on the cichlid forum here if any African cichlids will work. Kribs I have wondered on.
Right. The Angel I have was a juvie placed with juvie neon tetras (school of 8).

Yes, I’ve never tried them but very tempting. The tank I have is 4ft so gives a bit of room and I know a few people that would happily take them.

Yes, I’ve never tried them but very tempting. The tank I have is 4ft so gives a bit of room and I know a few people that would happily take them.
I think they look stunning and I only have a 3ft tank and it's plenty deep but I don't have anyone near me that stocks them. What filter set up have you got on your tank ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of overkill. Shifting house so has been just an internal filter but normally has also a 10litre and 20litre canister filter pair sitting in cabinets under tank. My excuse is I don’t like cleaning them so do pretty detailed alternate cleans when I do get one done.

The internal filter is really just to push the CO2 around.

Got me tempted on them myself now [emoji51]

Bit of overkill. Shifting house so has been just an internal filter but normally has also a 10litre and 20litre canister filter pair sitting in cabinets under tank. My excuse is I don’t like cleaning them so do pretty detailed alternate cleans when I do get one done.

The internal filter is really just to push the CO2 around.

Got me tempted on them myself now [emoji51]
Hey got my new fish today so I got a pair of pearl gouramis , 4 horse face loaches, 5 glass cats a free Cory and a pair of breading sword tails. Tank looks amazing. Need another tank lol

Back
Top Bottom