New tank, new cycle! HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, at the moment I have a 10 gallon biube which to be honest was a mistake, i find it's restricting my options! So I'm upgrading to a 115l (25-30gallon) tank and wanted some help with the cycling, I haven't actually got my tank yet but wanted to get a head start in some of the things that I might need, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

First off read this

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html

It is a great how to guide. You also have the orb so you have access to some seeeding material, While cycling look around and decide what you want to stock with. The more reading and asking you do the smoother and more enjoyable the whole process becomes.

You need a good heater and a filter rated for at least 50% more than the tank volume you buy. Decide if you want to plant it as that can change your substrate choices.

Most of all enjoy this is for fun after all.

rich311k said:
First off read this

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/the-almost-complete-guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html

It is a great how to guide. You also have the orb so you have access to some seeeding material, While cycling look around and decide what you want to stock with. The more reading and asking you do the smoother and more enjoyable the whole process becomes.

You need a good heater and a filter rated for at least 50% more than the tank volume you buy. Decide if you want to plant it as that can change your substrate choices.

Most of all enjoy this is for fun after all.

Thanks that's gonna help me out alot. The only fish I know that i want at the moment is a red tailed shark so gonna have a look at what other fish would be best suited in a tank with one of them. As for the substrate I was gonna go for sand but I've been looking at a few tanks online with the black stones in them and they look pretty cool 2 so not 2 sure at the moment. Or maybe I could do black stones and sand together, do u think this could work??

The problem with mixing sand and rock is the sand winds up at the bottom. They do make black sand. You could check that out.

rich311k said:
The problem with mixing sand and rock is the sand winds up at the bottom. They do make black sand. You could check that out.

Yeah I was thinking about half the tank stone and the other half sand, but I'm gonna check that black sand out that could save me some money and work lol. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom