New tank ------> new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

My tank finished it's cycle!
So i went to the lfs today and bought 2 honey gourami's and another albino pleco (male, already had female :) )
I returned three keyhole cichlids to the lfs and a fantail goldfish.
I now have 2 albino plecos in my 18.5 gallon tank and 7 chinese danios.
I have 2 keyhole cichlids, 2 SAE and 2 honey gouramies in my 28.5 gallon.

Am i understocked? overstocked? or normally stocked?
I'm thinking about keeping it this way. Then i'll have some room when they start breeding...........keeping fingers crossed.

Just thought i'd share this kewl moment :p

:D Great looking fish. Great looking tank.

If you're hoping to spawn the keyholes in that tank, I wouldn't add any more fish.
JMO

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress.......so far i've only had snail eggs in my 28.5 gal, which my female keyhole gladly ate. Let's hope she doesn't do that to her own eggs all the time. I know they may do it in the beginning, but hoping that after a while she will become great mom.
I won't add anymore fish to this tank, but i must admit that it looks kinda empty......not much activity, but i know the fish that are in there are enjoying their peacefull time in the big space. Let's hope they don't get too lazy and forget about breeding :lol:

I believe i have a male and a female honey gourami. The male has a dark underside of his body, looks pretty, and both have their dorsal fins yellow. Also i noticed a dark spot on the center, slightly off to their tails. They both have it. Don't know what it is, but i may be that i'm just looking at their intestins. Anyone have a clue about that?

Back
Top Bottom