New Tank Plan (Suggestions &Thoughts?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a 40 gallon this summer. The insanely organized person I tend to be at times, I want to have everything planned out an ready before I go on this new "venture". I just want to share and get opinions, ideas, and suggestions about my plan (as is so far). Thanks ahead of time! :)

Fish:
My current guppies
5 corries
1 rainbow shark
(Maybe) some bleeding heart tetras
And after I can get some algae growth, 2 mystery snails.

I'm going to use fake plants and have areas a little denser than others. I may add a couple real ones though:) Haven't decided on that yet.

I'm using gravel, but I'm going to add a big sand pit section for the corries.

Hey there! Sounds like you have a lot of potential room for lots of variety, both flora and fauna! Whatever you decide, be sure your new additions don't treat your current fish, like guppy male fins and their fry, as potential snacks. A large school of tetras with some hardy plants like an amazon swords, Anascharis, or onion plants will make your tank pop. Just my opinion; otherwise have fun with the new tank!

Looks good except for maybe the shark; not sure a 40 gal would be enough room given its activity level and potential adult size. Minimum recommended is usually 55 gals. The tetras may become a snack too.

Thanks:) And I've seen before that the shark can work in a tank like this, but of course it always varies from situation to situation. And my research is always leading me to new places: I've changed my list 3 times since I posted this!

Back
Top Bottom