New Tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cstevens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been doing some research about purchasing a new tank system.

I don't have a lot of space and I pretty much narrowed it down to the 24G Nano Cube Deluxe and the Oceanic BioCube (39 gallon).

I think I am leaning towards the BioCube. Does anyone have any experience with either of these tanks? Is one more quality than the other? They are similar in price and size I kind of like the look of the Nano but it might be too small.

Also what would be most fish I could fit into a 29 gallon?

btw I am going with freshwater (if it wasn't obvious).

Thanks in advance

any reason you want the biocube? have you checked craigslist? you could probably get a nice 55g for half the price of a new biocube, and have more options for fish... just my thoughts

Bigger is better... And easier for a beginner to maintain. More water makes it more forgiving to changes.

thanks for the replies.

I really don't have that much space. I would love to have a very large tank. I never reallly thought about it being easier the larger the tank gets.

I will take a look on craigslist. the reason I wanted to order new was because it would be a complete working system.

On craigslist I might not get a working system. Being I don't know too much about aquariums it would be difficult for me to know if there was a missing part.

:n00b:

Thanks again.

If you find a post that catches your eye someone here could offer an opinion on if you are missing any big or expensive components.

I like buying new too if you have the money. Makes for a clean setup that you know will work (or you can get your money back!) it also let's you get exactly what you want. But there are some great deals to be had when buying used.

well ive never bought a new tank. thats the only reason i suggested buying from craigslist. also the reason i suggested a 55g, because they are so common, 9 out of 10 times, you can get one cheaper than something smaller. I do also agree that if you dont know anything about aquariums, then you would want to do your research first. My basic rule of craigslist is if i dont see it set up and working, i reseal the tank. So if you see one set up, filters running, heater on, etc... you should be getting a nice setup. But, if you feel more comfortable buying a new one, go to petsmart, get a 30g tank, a good filter, a heater, and either gravel or sand, decor, and we can help with the rest. Its totally up to you, but imo, those biocubes are just too much money for what you get

Check ebay for some deals in your area too on tanks. I got my 75 with stand for 125 bucks from someone moving and looking to get rid of it. Only had a scratch in the wood, but it is sealed fine and only 2 years old. There are deals to be had. A lot of people don't keep up with tanks and look to just get rid of them.

Look for a good fish store too, it will definitely help in the process.

i have had a biocube i would recomend going with the 55gal.. but just as the last post said if u dont see it up and running go for the biocube

Thanks for all the help. I just wanted to give you an update.

I made a purchase on craigslist which a waste of $$$.

I recently purchased the 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube from allmypetsupplies.com

I found a coupon (code:GreatCustomerService) online which helped with the purchase it was 10% off.

I just received it and I will post some pics once I have it up and running.

champ.

Back
Top Bottom