New Tank Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junyor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys:
I'm new here and new to the hobby (I had a 10g tank as a teenager).

I'm starting this adventure again. I set up a new 36g bow freshwater tank and right now I'm in the process of cycling the tank, in the meantime I'm looking in the correct fish for the tank.

I'm looking for something like a catfish or any small shark fish (if any), I want a stand out fish, and want to combine medium and small fish in the tank. I also like colorful fish and fish with stripes.

Any suggestion will be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20191101_062038.jpg
    20191101_062038.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of bristlenose plecos are a good sized catfish to put in there.
If you wanted colourful and striped danios are a good choice. They aren't the best schoolers but you could add the glofish versions to the school. Giant danios are also available. Not sure if they would fit in a 38 gallon set up.
I would reccomend tiger barbs but those would be the only thing in your tank as they can be aggressive.

Hi there,

The tank already looks amazing; nice job setting it up. For a centerpiece fish, I personally prefer a pair of German blue rams. However, if you plan to add these, know that they aren’t the easiest fish to keep alive and add them at least a few months after the tank is fully cycled. I wouldn’t worry about them being to aggressive. If you are looking for a catfish-like fish I recommend a school of 3+ corydoras. They are sold with many different coloration and patterns. The concern that I have with adding mini-shark fish is that they are aggressive, so they need to be kept with larger fish. If you would like a school of fish, a group of 10-12 cardinal tetras are a great addition to any tank. Good luck with your tank!

Back
Top Bottom